We are looking for an experienced Pathologist to be responsible for performing tests, laboratory work, and pathological research. To be successful as a Pathologist you must have an inquiring mind, extensive medical knowledge of diseases in your specialty, and remain current in all research and testing methods.
Your duties will include:
• Performing specimen analysis by using laboratory tools and equipment, in order to study samples and perform tests to accurately analyze bodily fluids and tissue specimens.
• Looking for abnormalities in samples that evidence disease and conveying this information to the relevant medical practitioner.
• Using checklists, medical software, and retesting to get thorough and precise results.
• Writing pathology reports detailing specimens tested, results of tests, and the final diagnosis including immunohistochemically (IHC), fluorescent in-situ hybridization (FISH), and molecular studies –NGS /MGI /Illumina platforms, Sanger sequencing, qPCR, and fragment analysis - for hematological and solid tumors.
• Undertaking research to improve identification, testing methods, and finding innovative ways to treat disease.
• Staying up to date with developments in the fields of pathology and medical practice evolving molecular diagnostic techniques and technologies, especially pertaining to next-generation sequencing (NGS), molecular barcode-based assays, RNA-seq technologies, traditional (Sanger) sequencing and fragment analysis, qPCR, etc.
• Follows and facilitates the implementation of all company policies and procedures outlined in the quality management program, and all guidelines and regulations from governmental agencies such as DHCA, DHA, CAP, FDA, and CLIA.
• Contribute as part of a cross-functional team to our clinical development strategy
• Support company mission and demonstrate company values as a strong team member and leader
• Knowledgeable in all laboratory/clinical procedures
• Expected to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
• Able to mentor, train, and lead staff and fellows
• Strict adherence to health and safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Bachelor's degree in medical and pathological sciences, or a related field.
• Board certification (optional): Anatomic Pathology or Anatomic Pathology/Clinical Pathology; and Molecular Genetic Pathology; and Hematopathology
• Doctor of Medicine (MD) or a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) degree (optional)
• More than 1 year of residency training, specializing in pathology
Qualification in UAE:
• Experience using lab testing equipment, such as microscopes and flow cytometers.
• Working knowledge of medical data management software
• Passion for patient/clinical care and services
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals
• Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite, and statistical analysis
• Excellent professional communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation.
• Strong strategic, and proactive thinking skills; able to make and support decisions.
• Strong scientific and analytical skills.