- Prepare project deliverables list for structural projects, provide schedule analyses for structural calculations and detail drawings in line with master project schedule/milestones, and keep track records on progress of deliverables.
- Preparation of design deliverables such as design & construction drawings, structural analysis & reports.
- Ensure that the design complies with the relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work. Ensure appropriate checking and review of all documents. Control quality of engineering documents in accordance with the quality management system.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the change control procedure.
- Monitor the progress and adhere to the scheduled completion of engineering documents.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines, vendor and clients.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in design firms, shipyard, offshore / Oil and Gas industry in basic and detailed design engineering.
- Should have intimate familiarity with structural analysis software such as: DNV-GL Sesam Genie, Strand7 and Staad Pro.
- Technical knowledge and experience in basic and detailed engineering stages for marine and offshore structure designs.
- Experience in floating structures and fixed offshore structures. Preference for experience in FPSOs and Jack up rigs.
- Basic structural knowledge & analytical skills for designing framed and plated structures.
- Knowledge about ship and offshore structural analysis.
- Conversant with engineering standards such as AISC, API, ASTM, ASME, BS & EN etc.,
- Conversant with class rules DNV, ABS, BV, CSR rules etc.,
- Experience in construction engineering of various structures preferable.
DRYDOCKS WORLD is in search of talented and motivated individuals for the post of Structural Engineer in the field of Engineering in one of their office located in Dubai - United Arab Emirates. The ideal candidate should have bachelor / degree in civil / structural engineering or equivalent qualification and atleast 8 years of experience. The position require project, structural, schedule, line, progress, preparation, design, construction, analysis, regulations, technical, quality, checking, review, control, engineering, documents, management, scope, change, vendor, offshore, industry, basic, software, staad, marine, analytical, standards mandatory skills. This is a Temporary/Contract morning shift job.
About DRYDOCKS WORLD
Located in one of the rapidly developing regions of the world and a busy trading route, Drydocks World’s Dubai shipyard is one of the most prolific shipyards in operation. The shipyard is the largest facility in the Middle East and is the flagship company of Dubai World subsidiary Drydocks World. A ship repair yard of choice, it is also the preferred location for vessel conversions, new building, and offshore construction.
Disclaimer:Vacancies.ae is an exclusive platform that ought to help jobseekers & employers to be joint. We restrict any endorsement that demand for money and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information. If you notice any deception or fraudulent, kindly send us an email at email@example.com.