GENERAL MANAGER - ABU DHABI
Do you have an incredible passion for making an impact in the world? Do you see collaborative ecosystems of startups, entrepreneurs, freelancers and SMEs as the engine for creativity, growth and radical innovation in Abu Dhabi, UAE and the world at large? Do challenges and roadblocks excite you?
If so, you are the “SuperHero” we’re looking for, who possesses incredible zeal, drive and boldness to become the key driver and force behind an exciting new creative hub that is going to radically innovate the media and entertainment industry in Abu Dhabi.
As our General Manager, you own the customer experience! Your main goal is to create & grow a platform that enables meaningful collaborations in a diverse and thriving community for innovators, entrepreneurs & freelancers, striving to seed, accelerate and scale their business ventures.
This role blends the interpersonal and softer skills of leadership, business development, facilitation, and hosting, with the technical skills of managing the ongoing operations, teams, and liaising closely with other internal and external stakeholders to deliver a world class hub. You are a mission-driven & ambitious person with a never-say-die attitude and an amazing problem-solving mindset - this is the dream job you’ve been waiting for?
The duties of the General Manager include:
Vision and Strategy
- Work with the Management and Board of Directors to set the strategic plan
- Execute the agreed Strategic Plan
- Manage and grow all P&Ls - member growth, office occupancy, programs and event revenue, food & beverage operations, sponsorships & consulting income - while also developing new earned income opportunities
- Analyze monthly cash flow/spending reports to identify any cost anomalies/opportunities and implement strong financial controls
- Develop strategic corporate partnerships to consistently drive member/event/program revenue
- Support the marketing and branding team in building a strong local brand through executing marketing campaigns
- Manage hiring and onboarding of new employees
- Demonstrate strong communication, organization and project management skills
- Constantly iterate to improve existing processes and fix pain points through better planning, coordination, automation, and streamlining
- Manage and oversee programs/projects/events happening in the hub or spearheaded by the hub
- Oversee vendor relationships
Concrete demonstrable experience, qualifications and skills include:
Leadership and management experience with a track record of effectively leading and scaling a purpose driven venture to create meaningful impact
Strong communications, marketing and sales experience with the ability to develop strong core partnerships
Mission-driven, self-directed, positive attitude and integrity
A strategic thinker who can balance the needs of impact, team and finance
Experience in building and managing communities
Arabic speaking with a strong local network in Abu Dhabi and the UAE is preferable
Deadline for applications: Monday 31st December 2018.
Expected start date: 7th January 2019 (at the earliest).
Ann Bumatay (Recutiter) is in search of talented and motivated individuals for the post of General Manager in the field of Management in one of their office located in Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates. The ideal candidate should have - qualification and atleast 5 years of experience. The position require planning, organizational skills, strategy planning, finance management, cash-flow management, partnership development, communication, general, leadership skills, managerial skills mandatory skills. This is a Full-Time morning shift job.
Disclaimer:Vacancies.ae is an exclusive platform that ought to help jobseekers & employers to be joint. We restrict any endorsement that demand for money and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information. If you notice any deception or fraudulent, kindly send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.