The Pastry/ Chocolate Chef is responsible for preparing quality pastries, which include and not limited to ice creams, sorbets, creams, amenities, temper chocolate, chocolate show pieces, sugar show pieces plated desserts, birthday cake and wedding cake. The Pastry chef must be able to spot challenges and resolve them quickly and efficiently, maintain a level head and delegate many kitchen task simultaneously along with supporting the execution and organization of all the pastries and baked goods produced and purchased within the facilities. They must be able to maximize productivity of the kitchen staff along with managing a positive food cost with-in budgeted guidelines as well as manage and train a team of baking and pastry culinarians. Working at a production kitchen; we are looking for a chef experienced in producing pastry/chocolate in high volumes and to a consistently high standard. We require a passionate pastry chef or chocolatier to work at a high end, luxury production kitchen.
JOB DESCRIPTION/ ROLE
* Overseeing and assist in the entire management in chocolate making; recipe development and culinary tasks within the factory production.
* The incumbent will also be involved in daily operations in supervising; coordination and preparation of specialty chocolates and garnishes for the chocolate fillings.
* Experienced pastry chef who also has strong skills in chocolate work and chocolate tempering.
* Applicable knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
* He/she will take responsibility for quality, cost, waste and distribution of chocolate to all venues and ensure all Health/Food Safety codes are upheld and work areas are safe, clean and professionally kept.
* Ensure productivity is at the maximum.
* Ensure all products are rotating on a first-in, first-out philosophy.
* Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost
* Ensure kitchen equipment is property maintained and functioning.
* Creative culinary skills and innovative thinking required
* Determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
* Other related duties as necessary.
* High school diploma or 3 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area or 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
* Minimum Certification for Master Chocolatier.
* First class people skills and the ability to lead and communicate effectively across a multinational, multi-cultural environment
* Positive, enthusiastic, self-motivated professional.
* Organized and demonstrates good planning skills.
* Compute accurate mathematical calculations.
* Follow directions thoroughly.
* Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
* Work with minimal supervision.
* Adept to multitasking.
* At least 5 years’ experience in a Chocolatier role (experience in a 5-Star property desired).
* A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Leadership role Inc. training and coordinating staff in a factory or similar operation.
LOOKING FOR A PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE ONLY, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV & WORK PORTFOLIO AT j o b s c o k o @ g m a i l . c o m