Job Purpose and Accountability
Reporting to the operation manager, the shift charge engineer will be accountable for leading an operations shift team to ensure the plant meets the required availability, reliability, efficiency, generation and cost targets, safely and within strict environmental limits. This will include responsibility for making accurate and timely decisions on matters affecting plant processes and performance and consulting with the operation manager when necessary. The role will require a detailed understanding and practical experience of the technologies associated with operating a modern combined cycle plant, desalination plant and a wide range of auxiliary equipment.
- Thorough understanding of modern CCGT plant and desalination process operating practice, including electrical systems and power plant engineering concepts.
- Ability to operate the plant efficiently within a varying range of load conditions.
- Knowledge & experience in emergency incident control.
- Strong understanding of quality, health, safety and environmental management systems.
- A thorough working knowledge of and authorisation under system safety rules.
- Working knowledge of commercial contracts and agreements (PPA, PWPA, etc.).
- Exposure to budgets and cost control.
- Good command of the English language.
- 9. Good computer literacy.
- Liaise with external organisations and build effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and work with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary staff.
- Motivation and leadership of team and individual team members.
- Seek, organise and exchange information for decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to create a climate of open communication on personal and professional issues.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritising tasks and activities in line with business objectives.
- Innovation, vision, creativity, taking initiative, problem solving and decision making.
- A pro-active approach to planning and decision making.
S2 Operation and Maintenance Co. WLL is in search of talented and motivated individuals for the post of Shift Charge Engineer (UAE Nationals ONLY) in the field of Engineering in one of their office located in Ruwais - United Arab Emirates. The ideal candidate should have bachelor degree in an engineering discipline qualification and atleast 8 years of experience. The position require ccgt & msf desalination, evidence of mentoring/leading, good english language., ptw responsibilities/authorisation mandatory skills. This is a Full-Time on rotation job.
About S2 Operation and Maintenance Co. WLL
S2 Operation and Maintenance Company W.L.L is a private company owned by ENGIE, Marubeni and Osaka Gas. S2 O&M is responsible for on-going operations and maintenance of the Shuweihat S2 Power and Desalination Plant. Shuweihat S2 IWPP, is the eighth Independent Water and Power Project of Abu Dhabi. The Shuweihat S2 Plant is a Greenfield development project which has a generating capacity of 1507 Megawatts (MW) of electricity and 100 Million Imperial Gallons a Day (MIGD) of desalinated water.
Disclaimer:Vacancies.ae is an exclusive platform that ought to help jobseekers & employers to be joint. We restrict any endorsement that demand for money and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information. If you notice any deception or fraudulent, kindly send us an email at email@example.com.