Post Title: Finance Manager
Pay: Base Pay – AED 3,500 to 4,500 per month dependent upon experience; bonus.
Benefits: Accommodation on site, Health Insurance, 30 days Leave per Year.
Line Manager to: None.
Role Ref. MCID000912_B
Service Area: Finance and Accounts
Responsible to: (2 people) Owner/CEO & Business Development Manager only.
(Regular target setting and performance reviews conducted by an independent professional).
Location: Mussaffah, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
To be responsible for the whole finances of the business, take charge of financial reporting, and aid the team in business transformation and growth.
MC Interiors and Decor is a British owned business which has operated in the UAE commercial and domestic building industry for over 41 years. We have garnered a solid reputation for quality workmanship and competitive pricing, and today boast of dozens of large and medium scale projects across the UAE and UK, from high-end restaurants, and 7-star hotels, to international banks, local offices, private homes and retail space. Currently we employ 40+ carpenters and machinists, 10+ painters, upholsterers, decorators, drivers, designers, project managers, and in house office staff.
We know that despite our successes to date, there is large room for growth and solidification of the business in the market. Therefore we are looking for an energetic, experienced and reform minded Finance Manager to support our growing team to propel the business into its next stage of evolution. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Being solely responsible and accountable for all business finances
- Cutting waste and unnecessary expenditure
- Identifying and implementing profit maximisation reforms
- Supporting the Business Development Manager in his transformation vision
- Streamlining financial operations and reporting, and modernizing accounts keeping
- Chasing late payments from clients and other debtors
- Aiding in the streamlining of purchasing of materials from suppliers
- Implementing systems of financial security and oversight
This means that you will take on the sole responsibility of planning and directing the financial operations of the whole business. You will be given full authority to implement reforms which you consider beneficial to the business in this regard. You will report only to the Owner/CEO and BDM directly, and deliver progress reports to them on a weekly and monthly basis. Your performance will also be periodically independently reviewed.
This is a chance to become a part of a young and visionary team where you will have the power to implement reforms and direct growth, to your and the company’s benefit.
To incentivise this reform and growth, there is the possibility of bonuses tied to any increases in net profit %, above your base pay.
Potential is more important to us than experience.
So, if you are a confident, independent problem solver and reformer who can take on this responsibility, we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV and a Covering Letter talking about your experience and qualifications, and detailing why you will be a good fit for the role to hrmcidauh at the rate of gmail dot com. Please include ‘Finance Manager’ in the title of the email. This post is being filled by Strategos Recruiting on behalf of MCID.
The relevant Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Qualifications are listed below.
This job opening closes on 15th Dec, 2019. Interviews may be held on a rolling basis until 15th Jan, 2020. We apologise but we can only reply to candidates who will be invited for an interview. If you have not heard from us by 15th Jan 2020 you have not been successful.
Interviews with candidates from outside UAE will/can be held on Skype or other video conferencing software, at a mutually convenient time and date. Special dispensation in terms of qualifications may be given to candidates from Indian Occupied Jammu & Kashmir, Balochistan, Gilgit-Balitistan, Interior Sindh, and areas formerly compromising FATA, if need be.
MCID operates a zero discrimination policy. This job is open to all qualified applicants irrespective of race, gender, religion etc. in the areas advertised. We do not charge any fees for this job opening; neither do we employ agents on our behalf. If you have been asked for monies to apply for this job, please email us at the above address.
I. Knowledge, Skills and Experience
2. Proven ability to use initiative and judgement to research, analyse, identify and resolve problems. Highly numerate and accurate, with attention to detail. Able to demonstrate techniques using modelling skills, such as forecasting and projections.
3. Can take important decisions based on planning and data, set own deadlines and take accountability of the decision making process from implementation to result/s.
4. Proven ability or demonstrated potential in fixing broken systems and improving existing systems using ingenuity and foresight.
5. Proven ability to cope with conflicting and changing demands, with good planning and organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
6. Well-developed interpersonal skills, to build relationships and influence internal and external partners. Has an awareness of wider sector/external influences.
B. General Skills
1. Ability to read, write and speak English. Written English proficiency is essential.
2. Proven ability to negotiate and deal with clients. Ability to negotiate and gain maximal advantage in deals.
3. Ability to draft, explain, read and understand quotations and tenders.
4. Proven ability to work both as part of a team and on own initiative.
5. Able to read, write and speak Arabic.
6. Ability to communicate in Urdu.
C. Technical Skills
1. Excellent ICT skills, including for example Excel, Outlook, email, and other systems related to the collation, manipulation, analysis and reporting of data.
2. Proven experience with financial reporting, accounting, budgeting and bookkeeping. e.g. Profit & Loss accounts, Balance sheets, Income statements, etc.
3. Advanced knowledge of UAE VAT laws and processes.
4. Experience in fit-out purchasing.
5. Payroll and WPS.
6. Registration and follow up with UAE authorities.
7. Proven ability dealing with banks.
8. Ability to teach and explain finances to a layperson, encouraging the increased use of finance reporting tools.
9. Allocating funds and following up.
11. Daily finance tasks. – e.g. – invoicing.
12. Knowledge of legal affairs, and ability to draw up contracts and insert contractual clauses.
13. Proven experience with accounting software – e.g. Peachtree, ERP, Quickbooks, Focus, etc.
14. Ability to introduce, implement, and maintain e-payment avenues.
15. Proven ability to read and understand basic drawings and plans.
16. Project Management.
1. Undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
2. Have obtained or be on your way to obtaining a recognized accounting or finance certification from a recognized awarding body.