- Monitor purchase orders against estimated delivery dates
- Responsible for expediting the orders and ensures that the material is delivered in time
- Monitor the supplier response on delivery and highlight the concern if any delay. Ensure the corrective actions are implemented
- Coordinate with Logistic team, supplier and buyer to get the material delivery in time
- Provide the progress / concern status to the management about material availability and shipments at supplier’s end as necessary
- Responsible for updating the PO status on Expediting Module in the computer programme
- Follow the day-to-day operations related to own job to ensure continuity of work
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the relevant field / Marine, Oil & Gas / Offshore industry
- Leadership Training in a Ship Yard / Off shore / Oil & Gas industry
- Sound knowledge of technical terminology, particularly that used in a marine environment
- Familiar with material standards / certification and Quality System.
- Working knowledge of international trade & shipping terms
- Possess knowledge of MS Office applications
DRYDOCKS WORLD is in search of talented and motivated individuals for the post of Expeditor in the field of Purchasing in one of their office located in Dubai - United Arab Emirates. The ideal candidate should have diploma in engineering / technical discipline / any graduate degree qualification and atleast 5 years of experience. The position require purchase, expediting, time, supplier, corrective, progress, management, availability, module, computer, operations, field, offshore, industry, leadership, training, sound, technical, marine, environment, standards, quality, international, trade, shipping, office mandatory skills. This is a Full-Time morning shift job.
About DRYDOCKS WORLD
Located in one of the rapidly developing regions of the world and a busy trading route, Drydocks World’s Dubai shipyard is one of the most prolific shipyards in operation. The shipyard is the largest facility in the Middle East and is the flagship company of Dubai World subsidiary Drydocks World. A ship repair yard of choice, it is also the preferred location for vessel conversions, new building, and offshore construction.
Disclaimer:Vacancies.ae is an exclusive platform that ought to help jobseekers & employers to be joint. We restrict any endorsement that demand for money and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information. If you notice any deception or fraudulent, kindly send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.