Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow up on Class and Flag Status of each vessel and arrange for Surveys/Services as required.
- Monitor and maintain Ship Certificates.
- Follow up on repairs/services as arranged by the Superintendent.
- Assist with Annual budget preparation and follow up from vessels.
- Assist with compilation of Docking Report as provided by the Superintendent.
- On occasion follow up with purchasing requirements as arranged by the Superintendent - liaising with the Purchasing Department.
- Provide remote assistance to the Superintendent as required.
- Assist the Superintendent with Management Reports.
- Maintain high technical and operational standards for the vessels in order to meet the reliability benchmarks.
- To achieve industry-wide best standards for vessels, dry docking, repairs and performance by application of statistical analysis on repair periods, frequency of repairs, time of repairs, etc. as well as preparation of database containing details of fuel consumption, equipment failure and spare parts. Also schedule periodic ship visits and inspections in order to track achievement against best standards.
- Contribute to various projects and studies related to fleet in order to improve quality and standards of vessels.
- Monitor the system of planned maintenance while ensuring that the same is kept up-to-date and compliant to regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that vessels comply with all regulatory requirements including class and flag as well as certificates and surveys being valid and up-to-date.
- Conduct periodic safety & technical audits, vetting of vessels.
- Prepare, arrange and review dry docking specifications and documentations prior to and post every dry-docking.
- Attend and monitor the dry docking to ensure safety, efficiency, accuracy, quality and time schedule of repair work .
- Monitor personally all details of dry-docking and major planned repairs and ensure that these are in accordance to the Maintenance System in place (SMS).
- Support achievement of industry-wide best standards in technical matters and ensure compliance by scheduling regular ship visits.
- Manage day-to-day technical operation and performance of vessels to ensure that applicable requirements to safety, quality, efficiency and environmental performance are meet.
Prepared Nationality : Indian Male
Position Requires Skills and Knowledge in Following;
- Technical background Experience.
- Bachelor degree in any maritime related studies
- Advance Knowledge of Ms office suite (Excel,Word Power Point).
- Speak Fluent/ Written English Language.
- Experience in similar role or in shipyards OR has previously worked onboard vessels.
- Valid driving license in UAE will be an advantage.
NOTE: Due to current situation (COVID-19), We will not entertain Walk in Applicants
Atlas Marine (Recutiter) is in search of talented and motivated individuals for the post of Assistant Technical Officer (Marine Engineer) in the field of Engineering in one of their office located in Dubai - United Arab Emirates. The ideal candidate should have bachelor's degree on maritime related studies qualification and atleast 2 years of experience. The position require communication skills oral/verbal, analytical thinking, solving problem, attention to detail mandatory skills. This is a Full-Time morning shift job.Salary vary between 3k to 4k (AED) per month depending upon skills and years of experience candidate got.
Disclaimer:Vacancies.ae is an exclusive platform that ought to help jobseekers & employers to be joint. We restrict any endorsement that demand for money and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information. If you notice any deception or fraudulent, kindly send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.