Job Description for an Assistant Accountant
Job Responsibilities :
1) Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
2) Prepare forms, manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel. Direct their work activities by report to the management regarding the financial situations.
3) Managing the entire payroll system, salaries, security deposits, insurance , incentives and other expenses.
4) An accountant should release the payment after the approval for any transaction or expenses and keep a track of day to day activities and cash flow.
5) Accountant has to use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations or standards of the company or the local place.
6) Should be interconnected with all the departments and should have all the documents subjected to the payment and purchase.
7) An Accountant should keep a track of all documents with regards to receipts and payments of any department and should be able to justify or produce the documents on demand.
Daily Activities :
Managing day to day operations and updating, maintaining accounts properly.
Verifying payments, payment voucher on daily basis and prepare customer, supplier
Maintaining petty cash account of the company and facilitate the complete monthly
An Accountant should accept cash or cheque or release cash or cheque on the basis of
receipts and acknowledgments.
Checking the prepared and maintained register of all purchase and sales orders of the
Scrutinizing the Job order or PO received from customer service and prepare a delivery note.
Issuing delivery note to logistics department for further process and invoicing the same.
Preparing budget and monthly payroll of the employees. Daily follow up on AR /AP.
Preparing monthly financial position of the company including the consolidation of
Preparing and raising sales invoices based on the items declared in delivery notes.
To maintain proper communication with the account departments of the subsidiaries and ensure their compliance with companies policies and procedures.
Processes payments and documents such as invoices, journal vouchers, employee reimbursements, and statements.
Calculates rates paid for purchases and all price extensions. Verifies items billed against items ordered and received and reconciles differences through follow-up with the vendor and/or other employees.
Enters, updates, retrieves accounting data from automated systems. Posts financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system, according to instructions. Reviews on-line transactions for changes and accuracy and correct errors.