Title: Utility Operator
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Operations- Boiler, MBR, Cooling Tower, ETP & Turbine
Purpose of the Job- Utility Operator is responsible for performing all tasks assigned in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with the established operating procedures and written and oral instructions from Panel Operator & Plant Manager.
- Work outside the plant and is in constant communication with the Panel Operator directlyin field operations such as making manual adjustments to valves and equipment etc. Observe local instruments, gauges, and meters to verify conformance to standard operating practice • Collect samples of various streams and delivers them to the laboratory. Start and stop pumps, compressors and other equipment based on the direction of the panel operator. • Patrol the plant and ensures that the equipment’s (Boiler, Turbine, Cooling Tower, MBR, ETP) is operating normally and that no unusual conditions exist.
- Responsible for preparing equipment for maintenance including isolation, draining, steaming, and other procedures as required. Perform daily inspection and minor maintenance based on the check list. Take appropriate actions in accordance with Panel Operator and Plant Manager in case of emergency.
- Periodic monitoring & reporting readings of equipment’s for calibration and maintenance. Coordinate with the Maintenance team for periodic, preventive maintenance & trouble shooting
- Assist & instruct the Utility support helpers on recharging equipment’s with fresh catalytic agents, regulating valves to control flow of materials, setting equipment controls at specified readings, gauging tank levels& safe operations
- Monitor the dosage of chemicals to RO, MBR, Cooling Tower etc. to ensure any deviations. Adjust and add required chemicals to maintain water systems within guidelines.
- Obtain firefighting training based on firefighting training program for emergency, act as a one of firefighting crew in case of emergency.
- Maintain records of equipment operations. Performs required tests in coordination with QC on Boiler water (Feed & Blowdown), Cooling water, MBR Output & Feed, RO Feed & Output, UTICO water analysis etc. Maintain log of water treatment systems. Keep work area clean, neat and orderly.
- Responsible for the operation of the UTILITY and associated equipment. Lines up, starts, stops and secures equipment as required by the Plant Operator. Recognizes and abides by all safety rules and regulations.
- Perform physical, manual, clerical, and skilled work in the operation and maintenance of water & electricity diversion, treatment and distribution systems, wastewater collection and treatment, equipment, facilities and infrastructure.
- Monitor, operate, maintain, repair, and install various parts, facilities, and other aspects of the plant, and treatment system, including effecting connections and disconnections of service lines to the systems in coordination with Maintenance Team and recording meter readings.
- Perform routine maintenance checks on equipment.Assist in the preparation of work sites to include the erection ofappropriate barricades, warning devices and equipment.Analyse and rrecord hour meter data at pump stations. Assist in the maintenance and repair of motors and pumps and report and record equipment defects or failures.
- Assist in cleaning pump stations and replacing of filter media. Perform skilled and semiskilled work in order to install, maintain, and repair thewater and gas distribution andassist in the training of Utility Helpers.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment such as compressors, hand tools, equipment’s andmachineries in a safe andefficient manner. Operate water and gas valves.Respond to emergencies and act to control water, gas, and sewage leaksin a manner that is safe for self and public and to minimize environmentalimpact. Provide information to plant head related to utility operations.Perform maintenance duties within and around Utility Operations facilities and perform related duties and assignments as directed.