The Sales person is responsible for handling the most important client accounts in a company. These accounts make up the highest percentage of company income, and must build and maintain a strong relationship with the client. They will be the lead point of contact for all key client matters, anticipate the client’s needs, work within the company to ensure deadlines for the client are met, and help the client succeed. The Sales person will also bring in new business from existing clients or contacts and will develop new relationships with potential clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing a solid and trusting relationship between major key clients and company
• Resolving key client issues and complaints
• Developing a complete understanding of key account needs
• Anticipating key account changes and improvements
• Managing communications between key clients and vendors
• Managing vendors’s assigned to each client
• Strategic planning to improve client results
• Negotiating contracts with the vendors/partners and establishing a timeline of performance
• Establishing and overseeing internal budgets with the company and external budgets with the vendors
• Working with sales team, operations, finance and team members from other departments dedicated to the same client account to ensure the highest quality of service are being provided and all client needs are met
• Collaborating with the sales team to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling. Sourcing best vendors/partners to bring in the solution that’s needed by the client.
• Negotiate best deals and forge long term relationship with vendors to provide technically compliant, competitive priced solutions.
• Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies or company training
• Meeting all client needs and deliverables according to proposed timelines
• Analyzing client data to provide customer relationship management
• Expanding relationships and bringing in new clients
Key Account Sales Requirements and Qualifications
• Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Goal-oriented, organized team player
• Encouraging to team and staff; able to mentor and lead
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
• In-depth understanding of company key clients and their position in the industry
• Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
• Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, sales, or relevant field; Master’s degree preferred but not essential.
• Four to five years’ previous work experience in sales, management, key account management, or relevant experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
• Basic computer skills, and experience with CRM software and the Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on superior Excel skills.
• Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on client contracts
• Ability to multitask and manage more than one client account
• Proven results of delivering client solutions and meeting sales goals