We are looking for a Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support our growing network infrastructure. You will be part of our engineering team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives.
• Responsible as a Test and Commissioning engineer for all ELV systems related to network and IT projects.
• Secure all network data base of all IT/ELV projects of the company and prepares project system network status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
• Maintenance and management of the critical windows based server environment
• In charge of Configuration/Troubleshooting of routing protocols, configuration and installation of VMS and Windows server software, VLAN allocation and IP addressing.
• Assist the team in monitoring complete project progress; coordinating activities with the technicians, client and contractors; resolving problems.
• Monitoring compliance to applicable codes, project practices, HSE policies, performance standards and specifications.
• Administer company office IT infrastructure, website and email domains.
• Coordinates all activities related to improvements and charges in the network infrastructure
• Do task responsibly as assigned by the Project Manager.
• Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
• Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
• Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
• Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
• Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
• Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
• Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
• Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
• Coordinating computer network access and use.
• Designing, configuring, and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system
Requirements for this Network Engineer role
• Bachelor degree in information technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
• 3-5 years of UAE experience as a network engineer with Network Engineering works and ELV works
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
• Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
• Ability to implement, administers, and troubleshoots network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, and controllers.
• Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
• Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
• Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
• Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
• A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Dependable and flexible when necessary.
Advantage if you have the following credentials:
• Cisco Certified Network Professional(CCNP)
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
• Knowledgeable in any project software tools (MS project, Primavera etc.)
• Completed PMP course
• Reporting Skills Ability to provide project reports in most effective presentation.