We are looking for a Butcher (Male Only) with good communication skills, ability to stand for long hours, lift heavy items and work in cold conditions (especially pork section).
- Ensure the excellent presentation of all different meat products in the display counter.
- Ensure all products have a clean ticket, priced correctly with ingredients and legal content listed where appropriate.
- Check sell-by dates on a daily basis and ensure all open products are within date range.
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery following strict procedure.
- Clean display chiller before restocking.
- Ensure that the drying rack for biltong and dry works is kept clean and hygienic.
- Sharpen, adjust, and clean equipment on a daily basis and ensure work areas is clean and hygienic for preparation
- Cutting and trimming of meat should be of high standard in order to create the best quality of meat for the shop while maintaining health and sanitation standards.
- Must know all different cuts of different meat products including pork items.
- Cut bone or grind pieces of meat as per required products or specification of customer’s order.
- Do regular temperature checks on meat and record the temperature readings accordingly.
- Preparing poultry by cleaning, cutting and discarding inedible parts.
- Strictly follow stock rotation, ensure FIFO applies.
- Check for any overstocks and ensure that the necessary transfers are done.
- Ensure that all stock movement (transfers, batching, conversions, and wastages) is done correctly and timeously.
- Report any damages, shortages, excess on received stock to shop manager.
- Be aware of all relevant promotions within the department.
- Creating and enhancing new items out of the existing items to promote sales and lessen wastages.
- Ensure at all times that expired merchandise and poor quality items are removed and recorded correctly.
- Back up chillers must be kept clean, ensure that products are stored neatly.
- Work with the head butcher and production team to create new and exciting products.
- Helping at the main butchery production in cutting and weighing steaks; preparing roasts, chops, stew cubes, and ground meat during promotion days and any special orders from customers.
- Preparing and cooking sausages at the production area.
- Must keep hands, tools, equipment and working areas clean to prevent meat contamination and to be presentable for customers. Strictly following HACCP procedures.
- Check that the counter has sufficient and correct packaging available for all meat products.
- Offer alternatives to the customers if the product is not available.
- Demonstrate self-discipline with regards to attendance, dress code policy, hygiene and time keeping
Glynes Kerin D Souza (Recruiter) is in search of talented and motivated individuals for the post of Butcher - Organic Foods & Cafe in the field of Other in one of their office located in Dubai - United Arab Emirates. The ideal candidate should have high school diploma qualification and atleast 3 years of experience. The position require male, communication skills, heavy, cold, presentation, meat, legal, content, check, basis, open, rack, equipment, preparation, cutting, trimming, order, quality, shop, health, sanitation, standards, cleaning, shop manager, chillers, butchery, area, procedures mandatory skills. This is a Full-Time on rotation job.
Disclaimer:Vacancies.ae is an exclusive platform that ought to help jobseekers & employers to be joint. We restrict any endorsement that demand for money and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information. If you notice any deception or fraudulent, kindly send us an email at email@example.com.
Godelive Bope Pidi
Saif Alnoor Technical Services