The successful candidate will hold a University degree in Business Management, Facilities Management, Mechanical Engineering, or similar qualifications and can demonstrate leadership in FM projects. He/she must have 15+ years of industry experience with the last 5 years in Business Development in a management role within GCC. He/she should be able to demonstrate knowledge of international best practices in facilities management, a very strong Sales and Marketing background, possessing strong analytical, organizational, management, and computer skills. Bilingual, English & Arabic-speaking candidates will be preferred.
He/she must have a proven experience in Business Development, Sales and Marketing, CRM, Planning, budgeting, Hard Services, Facility & Maintenance/Engineering; Soft Services, Housekeeping/Pest Control Façade Cleaning. Skilled in the evaluation of strategic business goals and objectives of the company and a proven record of performing on targets. The person will be responsible for creating and implementing business development strategies and overseeing activities that ensure the contract delivers to acceptable standards.
* Collaborates with FM Director to track identify develop and pursue opportunities in keeping with the business’s areas of emphasis with new and current clients
* Identify leads and new opportunities and arrange meetings with clients for the management team
* Leads and supports negotiations with client’s partners and consultants
* Ensures systems to track upcoming RFPs maintaining corporate new business tracker
* Identify leads, and new opportunities and arrange meetings with clients for the management team.
* Identify new clients and projects, respond to RFP and follow up on all leads.
* Serves as an advisor on critical priority bids on strategy teaming recruitment writing and pricing
* Writes proposal sections as needed, reviews draft proposals, Manage proposal budgets
* Provides quality assurance services on bids
* Ensures compliance with the Business’s proposal requirements
* Keeps abreast of trends in the Facilities Management business environment
* Identify new clients and projects respond to RFP s and follow up on all leads
* Maintain good relations with clients and the local authorities Identify potential partners where needed
* Attend networking events and activities to identify opportunities for the business and presents the business services to potential clients
* Monitor client satisfaction and provide feedback for operational improvement and implement change if appropriate
* Ensures attendance at pre-proposal meeting Assists with planning and organization of company networking events
* Provide market intelligence and identify new opportunities
* Provides intelligence to support costing strategy
* Travels as needed to perform role responsibilities
Qualifications Experience Knowledge Skills
* Minimum of 15 years experience in facilities management industry roles and a minimum of 5 years experience in FM Business Development
* Candidate must have a BA or BSc preferably in Engineering Facility Management or Business Management
* Must be able to provide an active network of contacts from various disciplines across the engineering sector Understanding of UAE FM Markets; specializing in Abu Dhabi
* Good network with the FM industry in UAE; specializing in Abu Dhabi