The ideal candidate will have10+ years financial accounting experience - proven experience as a senior accountant/ Chief Accountant/ Treasurer. Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
Strong knowledge in banking particularly Letter of Credit (LC) and guarantees processes and international trade finance Banking experience. closing processes, forecasting and budgeting, and customer billing. They will be organized and approach each issue with an analytical mindset.
Only candidates who speak fluent Arabic / English and are available in UAE will be considered. If the Role is of Interest, Please Send Your C.V to:
· Prepares trial balances and balance sheet; closes accounts at the end of the fiscal year and prepares opening balances and accounts at the beginning of the new fiscal year.
· Maintains schedules or workbooks for but not limited to fixed assets & depreciation, prepayments, accruals, loans, IFRS 16 on lease agreement.
· Ensures financial statements/reports are compliant with International Financial Reporting Standard ready for external auditor’s review and as attachment for corporate tax returns.
· Facilitates and liaise with external auditors for annual financial audit and in-country value certification.
· Accomplish Finance Department and organization mission by completing related results and assignments as needed.
· Reviews payments to supplier’s and assure that transactions are complying with financial policies and procedures. Compiles data for preparation of monthly and financial performance or when needed.
· Applies principles of accounting in analyzing financial information to preparing and reviewing entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
· Reviews and/or prepares general accounting of daily transactions
o Ad hoc basis (when required)
§ supplier invoices (receipt of invoices, review of purchase orders, posting in the accounting system QuickBooks)
§ supplier payments
o Routine basis
§ customer invoices
§ intercompany invoicing
§ customer payments
· Prepares non-routine general accounting transactions as required on monthly or annual basis.
· Review and validate LC terms and conditions for international transactions.
· Coordinate with banks, buyers, and suppliers to ensure LC compliance.
· Maintain LC-related documentation and records.
· Monitor and analyze oil pricing trends and market fluctuations.
· Calculate and report on the cost of goods sold (COGS) based on current oil prices.
· Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers and journals; posts debits and credits; records receipts and balances to the accounting system; examines, records, and reviews financial transactions.
o Prepares & maintains schedules for
§ Forex gain or loss
§ Provisions for leave & gratuity
§ Refundable deposits
§ Provision for withholding tax
· Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents (such as cross-checking of payment vouchers, crew salary payments, transactions posted by accountants/executive).
· Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information (e.g. ledger entries for forex gain or loss, supplier VAT, and prepaid VAT).
· Review and monitor bank transactions for main bank accounts against entries in the accounting software package bi-weekly and bank reconciliation on monthly basis.
· Ensures that reports, schedules, and forms meet the conditions of funders and/or statutory bodies.
· Reconciles revenue report from customer (on concession agreement) against internal operation statement and summarizes discrepancy for management’s reference & action on monthly basis or as when required.
· Assist the Finance Manager in evaluating funding requirements and project feasibilities by preparing budgets, cash flows, presentations, and charts.
· Generates project profitability statement on monthly basis or as when required by presenting related direct & indirect costs and allocating costs from main projects.
· Maintains relations with banks (including branch visits & meetings) regarding compliance and any application requirements.
· Reviews & maintains schedule and attachments for quarterly VAT return and annual tax corporate tax return.
· Communicates or liaise with stakeholders such as suppliers for payment notifications, banks for filling up of forms & status feedback, FTA for VAT/tax returns, insurance broker or providers for insurance application or renewal.
· Protects the company's value by keeping information confidential.
10+ years' of professional accounting experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Certified Public Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant.