A newly set-up clinical laboratory comprised of a national team of experts in developing and delivering laboratory diagnostic and clinical trial services. The purpose of the laboratory is to save lives by improving patient CARE through Communication, Accuracy, Reliability, and Efficiency. Our scientists, laboratory professionals, client services representatives, and sales people team up with our clients. Together, we work to solve the medical, scientific, and logistical challenges of making precise diagnoses, aiding in bringing new therapies to market and finding the unusual hallmarks of each patient’s disease that point the way to proper treatment.
We are looking for a result-driven Business Development Manager who will be responsible for not only developing a team, but also willing to aggressively pursue sales opportunities for this innovative start-up company. From developing new business to developing account management, this role is focused on driving successful, profitable growth.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and executing go-to market strategies bold outbound and inbound, fully integrated global marketing campaign plans, with the primary aim to raise awareness and drive demand of service for genetic diagnostics. The successful candidate should have a combination of technical and marketing skills/knowledge and be an individual who can build strong working relationships with a diverse set of departments across the organization. The Business Development Manager will coordinate closely with multiple functional teams (e.g. Product Management, Regional Market Development, Services, Support, Training, ebusiness, etc.) and outside vendors to execute integrated marketing programs designed to help achieve global sales, marketing, and revenue goals.
The individual must have excellent written, verbal, content creation, and organizational skills, a good record of accomplishment in campaign creation and execution with demonstrated excellent ROI, an understanding of molecular diagnostic customers, a proficiency in management of a wide variety of projects, and possess a strong technical background coupled with excellent commercial intuition. The successful candidate will be flexible and thrive in a team environment as well as show initiative and execute tasks of their own accord.
• Prospects and establishes new physicians/referral sources
• Interfaces with the customer service representatives to ensure consistent and timely responses to questions, challenges with reports, etc.
• Spends 70-80% of all time meeting with potential clients
• Assists in the planning and development of a sales team for sales growth
• Mentors sales team members to successfully meeting targets
• Responsible for meeting sales targets and revenue growth targets
• Development and maintain high level client relationships through regular face to face meetings
• Provide recommendations and feedback for business development and operational strategy
• Work with members of the sales team and operations to drive business.
• Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and utilize this knowledge to drive business, Promote and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Provide feedback and analysis to operations to improve/adjust/expand any Marketing strategies.
• Performs other duties as assigned, example: attend trade shows, present capabilities.
• Able to provide senior management with client overviews
• Develop and execute global marketing programs to drive demand for new and existing infectious disease / pathogen detection testing solutions
• Create appropriate marketing content with compelling messaging across multiple channels, including digital (social media, web, video, etc.), sales, events and print
• Develop sales training and customer education material in collaboration with product management, R&D and commercial teams
• Partner with ebusiness & digital marketing teams to drive online growth of products
• Work closely with regional marketing development managers to build and execute marketing programs
• Identify key performance indicators to measure success and report out metrics on a routine basis.
• May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
• Timely and accurate fulfillment of Sales Administration duties:
• Sales Call Reporting
• Leads and facilitates problem solving within team and across cross-functional areas.
• Recognizes and rapidly responds to changes in internal/external environment; stimulates change and fosters new initiatives
• Develops annual business plan and updates regularly; prioritizes and leads time effectively; maintains appropriate contact with all accounts; develops and executes account specific strategies; utilizes resources effectively
• Identifies and forms relationships with customers at all levels within each organization; uses contacts to achieve business objectives, when appropriate; establishes consistently positive rapport
• Achieves goals for product sales; maintains consistent momentum in sales cycle; self-disciplined; overcomes obstacles; maintains high work ethic; and builds sales opportunities
• Identifies personal and professional development objectives and plans to achieve them
• Understands internal information technology systems and how they work with clients
• Participates in sales meetings, seminars, industry conferences, and tradeshows and leads event coordination
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related discipline with 3+ years of scientific industry experience
• BS/BA in Life Sciences, Marketing or Business.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience performing and/or selling related services within the Clinical Laboratory and/or Healthcare industry.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a marketing role with demonstrated core competences: 4Ps, marketing mix, marketing communication, channels, segmentation, value proposition, market research analysis, and marketing program development and execution
• Possess a strong understanding of molecular diagnostics technologies and applications.
• Able to identify and understand new uses for existing technology and new product introductions
• Be comfortable training on technical topics to regional marketing and field sales
• Partner with product management to identify and develop market opportunities
• Identify target customer segments and create value propositions and key messages germane to each segment - direct knowledge of clinical markets is critical
• Develop and execute Go-to-Market strategies and tactics (i.e. marketing campaigns, programs, and projects) to drive initial adoption, generate demand and on-going usage and create loyal customers
• Able to identify voice of customer and incorporate into marketing plans
• Perform market sensing & competitive intelligence
• Comprehensive understanding and experience with genetic testing trends, market segments and regional market trends
• Strong social and influencing skills at the various levels of the organization
• Knowledge of clinical/laboratory space and products
• Able to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in strategic and tactical thinking; ability to translate this thinking into an executable plan
• Possess excellent project/program management, organization, time-management, planning, and budgeting skills
• Possess excellent written and verbal skills, with attention to detail and have the ability to communicate/influence internally and externally with different businesses and management levels
• Professional presentation skills and ability to network within senior management ranks.
• Dynamic and highly self-motivated individual
• Exceptional business development, organization, negotiation and communication skills.
• Strong closing skills. Prior attendance at formal sales training courses a plus
• Proven record of achievement in a prior sales position preferred
• You may experience deadline pressure and extra hours if needed
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to distill complex information into concise and easy to understand concepts