Plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises and reviews work of staff responsible for purchasing including technical and specialized procurement of supplies, equipment and services. Requires extensive knowledge of policies, procedures and practices.
• Responsible for departmental administrative issues such as maintaining/revising policies and procedures and website, reporting minority business participation/monthly volume processing/subcontract plan utilization.
• Assumes responsibility and oversight of large and complex purchases involving use of Requests for Proposals.
• Assists departments with specification development, drafts RFP, obtains State approval, serves on evaluation committee.
• Provides input on budget. Proposes salary raise within budget. Monitors and obtains best price for office expenditures. Approves payment of invoices and directs purchasing card expenditures for office. Negotiates copier maintenance contracts.
• Represents department at various meetings with administration, vendors, external agencies, professional organizations, and other groups. Develops and delivers speeches, presentations, and training as required. Corresponds with same groups.
• Reviews, analyzes and approves all purchases where award is not made to the low bidder to ensure justification exists and policy is followed. Reviews, analyzes, researches and approves purchases of a non‐competitive nature.
• Resolves problems and protests concerning bid solicitations, contract awards or contract performance as the need arises. Addresses unauthorized purchases. Conveys decisions both verbally and in writing referencing law and policy.
• Reviews language and submittals (bonds/insurance) in contracts/agreements to ensure compliance with Emirates Lows, proposes alternate language, requests revisions, negotiates terms, executes final document or recommends execution.
• Meets with or speaks to interested vendors concerning potential source for supply and service. Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with vendors and fosters relations between suppliers Company.
• Assist with various program operations as requested as responsibilities permit.
Purchases goods and services within established limits as provided by the Division of Purchases. Contacts suppliers for price quotes; prepares requisitions and affixes authorizing signature before ordering. Checks accuracy of funding information.
• Contacts vendors or agency representatives to obtain availability and product information or to solicit bids; develops requests for quotations; and confers with vendors concerning new products, damaged goods, delayed payments or related information.
• Conducts research concerning new products and general commodity requirements.